Sunday, September 02, 2012

It's Been Really Nice Here Lately


A recent sunrise at the Last House

The weather has been so nice - you'd think we were in California or something.  This long weekend has seen me taking to the woods twice - once, briefly, with Shack
Behind the school in Stowe



and then this morning for a longer,much rockier hike with the faithful Maisy.

Note the ruined cellar hole.


 I only ever have my crumby cell phone camera with me but here are a couple of snaps just FYI.

In reading news, I am continuing on my tear through the works of W. Somerset Maugham.  I seem to be bookmarking every other page - he writes such wonderful sentences.  It's a wonder of our world today that you can download Maugham's best works for free on your Kindle or other e-reader.  Happy Labor Day.

No comments: