Monday, October 27, 2008

Didn't You Love Tears for Fears?

Nan from a Hill Farm wrote in a comment on the A-ha Video (one post back) that she had missed out on the iconic music videos of the 1980s. I said I would post a link to one more literal video version by the same guy who so brilliantly sent up that second most famous Swedish pop band ever. This one is also worth a look, and it was one of my favorite songs not so long ago - oh, has it been 20 years? Time flies. I used to go running with this on my Walkman. Is it possible?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not exactly "iconic '80s," but you might have a peek at this.

Cheers.

Nan said...

As I noted, I really don't know this stuff. I had heard the tune, but had to go to iTunes and play one song after another to see which song it was based on. :<) Very, very funny. I like the $40 sweater part, especially. Great video and words. Thanks so much.

Kim Velk said...

Hi Nan and R -

Thanks for the comments and, R, I loved that transcription of the words to whatever hymn that was they were singing in that beautiful church. Brilliant.

Juliet said...

Excellent fun!

Lulu LaBonne said...

That is a very funny video - and I've tagged you to write 7 random things.

Kim Velk said...

Hey Juliet and Lulu. Thanks for stopping by. 7 Random things is just what I needed today (really). I keep formulating the Great American Blog Post, mentally, at least, but getting it from my head to the computer has been a problem. I'm in - after I do a little more insomniac blog reading.