Friday, May 30, 2008

More Consumer News and Reviews - NPR Music- Gavin Bryars

I am trying to write a complicated legal argument. I like doing this sort of thing and it takes me back to law school (which I actually enjoyed, unlike most of the lawyers I know). Being in that law school frame of mind, I need some wordless music in the background to keep me in my chair and working. I did a little looking around and found a concert at the National Public Radio website. It was recorded in January 2008 by WNYC for its "Wordless Music Performance." The Sinking of the Titanic by Gavin Bryars (1969) is the first of three pieces that have been made available there. I have just gotten through that and I think it's great. I did a little quick checking on Mr. Bryars and can see I have a lot more to hear. If you want to check it out, here's the link: href="http://www.npr.org/templates/player/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=89127096&m=89127121">

No comments: