Saturday, March 23, 2013

Tobies Search for Signs of Spring



Twice last week, as I was driving home, a DJ came on my favorite station to say, "Yeah, more snow!"  I'm paraphrasing, but I wanted to throttle her.  She proceeded, in what was supposed to be a forecast and not an editorial, to wish for five feet of snow and nine months of winter.  I am considering writing a letter of complaint to the station manager.  The kids had a snow day on Tuesday this week while a foot of snow fell.  (I had to drive about 60 miles that day).

We had a day or two of sun after that, it gave a certain cast of springtime light that lit up my cheerful Toby jugs and gave us a little hope. (See above). The Tobies always look happy (well, they do drink) but this morning this is scene that greets them and me outside my home office window:


Another two inches fell overnight.  As I was typing this, the snowplow guy came and cleared our driveway.

The sun is supposed to come out later today. I hope the mud that comes next will not swallow my car.
Sometimes it's hard to hold on to that sense of superiority that we generally enjoy in northern New England.

No comments: