Thursday, October 20, 2011

Today at the Old Farm and a Couple Shackletonisms



A day off today found me at the Last House. I emerged around 9 AM to buy eggs and bread and found a lovely October light hitting the barn. So.

Re: Shackleton

Just now, I was cleaning the kitchen when Shack got in my path. I squeezed his head like I do sometimes and said something like "Knowledge - get in there and stay!" He didn't have time to blink before he scurried away and said "Foreign objects - eject from ears! Eject!"

Sometime a few months ago when Maisy was barking or whimpering or something I barked back at her a little. Shack came running down the stairs - looking genuinely worried. "Don't do that! You don't know what you might be saying in dog language!"

That's my boy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knows what really goes on in kids' minds? BTW, love the barn photo.

Cheers.

Anonymous said...

great photo -

hope you all are ready for the next storm -

Shackleton shows definite promise to be a prime twitter contributor...

stay warm-

deb