Friday, February 12, 2010

OK, I Can't Really See That Chateau From Our House


You may be surprised to learn that there are not many Chateaux along the banks of the Mississquoi. I don't think the Last House, a clapboard number that is falling into its cellar hole, qualifies. However, I just finished reading Nancy Mitford's biography of Madame de Pompadour (Mistress of Louis XV, among other things) and I bought a little collection of postcards from the 1950s at the thrift store the other day and, so, voila, today we have a faux view from the Last House.


Bon weekend tout le monde.

Nancy Mitford's book was so good, BTW, that even though I just finished reading a copy from the library, I shelled out for one of my own.

Oh, and "Vert" "Mont" is, you guessed it you clever rascal, French for "Vermont."

5 comments:

R. Sherman said...

Those 17th-19th French mistresses always provide eye-opening stories. This sounds like a good one.

Cheers.

Madame DeFarge said...

Much the view from my own dear home. Really. If I imagine very hard, it might be true.

KSV Woolfoot said...

Hey R - Nancy M. was really a good writer, among other things. A thoughtful fellow like yourself might enjoy it.

Bon Soir Mme. I expected that the view from Defarge Towers would be something special.

オテモヤン said...

オナニー
逆援助
SEX
フェラチオ
ソープ
逆援助
出張ホスト
手コキ
おっぱい
フェラチオ
中出し
セックス
デリヘル
包茎
逆援
性欲

如此的 said...

看到你的好文章真是開心 加油囉.......................................