Sunday, July 15, 2007

Just A Little Weekend Update


One of the functions of this blog is to be a diary for me. Looking back, even at my sporadic contributions, reminds me of what's gone on the last couple of years and gives me some personal benchmarks. All this by way of saying I am writing an entry today because I have time (kids are parked in front of "The Amanda Show" upstairs and the company is gone) and because I was struck with the inclination - no big whoop, no revelations, no essays, and nothing in here that anyone but me will probably ever care to know about. You won't hurt my feelings if you stop reading here. ;-) (That's a computer wink in case you're wondering).


The "Company" was our friends from England, Ed and Alison , who run a consulting outfit in the UK. I can't exactly understand what it is they do, but it hasto do with corporate responsibility. They come here (to Northern Vermont) a couple of times a year to a house they have in Troy. They always have several kids in tow (she has two, he has two and they have a five-year-old girl). They are, of course, bright and interesting. We all had lunch al fresco and the weather cooperated here at the Last House. (See my first post if you're wondering what I mean by that). Rain gave way to sun and fluffy clouds and we sat on the lawn batting at flies and trying to keep the kids fed and amused.

Tomorrow Kid 1 and Kid 2 are off to day camp. Say goodbye to "the Amanda Show" and its ilk for at least a week. Hurray.

I am so enamored of the pictures I took yesterday on my walk that I am going to treat you to another one.


Cheerio.

No comments: